Thursday, February 24, 2011

One in a million, RE-WIND



DISCLAIMER: ALL NAMES AND INCIDENTS ARE FICTITIOUS, blah blah and more blah is mere co-incidence.

This post is dedicated to one person who was my best friend. And still lives in my heart!

From FEB 24 2010 17:46 - the REST OF MY LIFE
There I was, lost forever, trapped and without a choice, holding my head in one hand and the ring on the other. Crying my heart out but I could not produce a sound. All hopes were lost. The tears in my face were covered by the rain drops. I was the one who always told her that I never wanted anyone to see me cry. But then now I wish she would open her eyes at least to see me cry and tell me not to cry.

FEB 24 2010 17:45
I felt empty. I dint have words to express myself for what I had done. She was the only one I had in my life and now I was alone. Alone once again. Yes I had told her that loneliness was something that I loved but now I felt that she could have been there with me to share the loneliness. Even my ego, my pride my aim, my achievements had left me alone. Now I know what being lonely meant. The fair face was because she was having leukemia, blood cancer. She was not able to come but still did just because I had asked her to. She had become thin not because of her gym but because she was not well. It was weak not thin. The thud while on the call was because she had fainted. And I failed to notice that. Despite all that she had come just to make me happy and what did I do? Hurt her, irritate her, and kill her.

FEB 24 2010 15:30
she was there, still as a rock. Alone in her home, in her bed. There was a sudden rush that fell as a heavy thud in my heart. And all the voices came rushing to me. She was gone, for good. A deadly cancer had taken her away from me. Her mom had told me it was cancer. But it was all over before it even started. Cursing myself I took out my chain which was a gift from her and placed it on her beautiful hands. Then with a hollow punch of pain I went near her ear and said "I am really sorry Sam...” and I left the place with welled up eyes and a heavy heart.

FEB 23 2010 09:44
"That's it I cannot take any more of your ignorance. This is no longer a relationship. It’s always about you and you just seem to be interested about yourself. It’s as if you never wanted me here. And it’s me who is always pushing things and taking initiatives to keep this relationship healthy. That's it, I quit, FOR GOOD!!" were her last words. I tried to explain how it all was just a game. But she refused to accept it. She must hate me. Well even I was not crazy about myself at that point. I ran behind her and explain all about it but it dint seem to go anywhere." I woke up with a start it was all a dream. I had to apologize to her. Be with her again. So after all that wait I started for her house. To apologize in person. But the Ego restrained me. So I stayed.

FEB 22 2010 15:31
it had been more than a week since I had spoken to Sam. And I was starting to feel really guilty. It was not my fault but that’s not the point at all. It was a huge fight but now it’s all getting on to my head. I was stupid and I should have apologized to her but I did not. It was her mistake as well. The ego dint let me move forward with the apology. I was an achiever up till then, that dint let me put my foot down. But at the end no matter whose mistake it is the distance between US increases. I dint know what would make it better. And I was torn between my feelings and my ego. Damn the ego!!

FEB 14 2010
it was the day of roses, Valentine’s Day. I went to meet her. You know, SAM. The one and only, my beloved. I loved her so much but I felt something was wrong. I just knew it. I wanted to surprise her. I just got 100 odd candles and arranged it on the 1st floor of my house, in a small room which had lot of shelves. The candles were everywhere. And I had chosen a song called, expressions by Helen Jane so that it would be romantic. And then she came, her face was glowing more than it usually did, fair than usual she had become thin, since she was going to gym. I said "I am not going to compare you with the moon because moon has scars etc is an old line, in one line if I have to describe you I would say you are the most beautiful girl in this planet, in one WORD if I had to say it would be "PURE"". She smiled at me. She said "thanks a lot, this is the best thing anyone has ever done for me, you are the best." saying this she held my hand and gave me a silver chain. It was so good and I hugged her and looked into her eyes. but I saw that she was not happy. So I asked her
me: You stil like him dont you
her: please its valentine’s day and after this beautiful thing why are you at it again?
Me: if you thought it was beautiful then you wouldn't be so dull. If you don't like me just say so.
Her: oh come on, you know I loved it please don't be angry. That anger doesn't go well with your face,
me: okay m sorry too. By the way I have got us tickets for tomorrow. Morning movie then afternoon rain tree then at night a really nice play.
Her: m sorry ad I can’t make it. I have to go to vishal's house remember? I told you la his cousin is getting married. I got to go to Trivandrum.
me: Go day after tomorrow Na, please stay for tomorrow I made all the arrangements.
Her: sorry da cant. I skipped today cos I know I have the best guy in the world.
Me: please please tomorrow please.
Her: sorry da pleaase understand.
Me: so you like vishal more than me? Fine!!
Her: oh come on you know that's not true
me: then stay and prove it
her: stop it, now
me: why should I? You don't like me anymore.

AFTER A WHILE OF SIMILAR FIGHTS

her: That's it I cannot take any more of your ignorance. This is no longer a relationship. It’s always about you and you just seem to be interested about yourself. It’s as if you never wanted me here. And it’s me who is always pushing things and taking initiatives to keep this relationship healthy. That's it, I quit, FOR GOOD!Me: Fine I am not dying for you, one day you ll die for me and then you ll know.

FEB 9 2010 10:00
I called her up in the morning she dint pick up the call. I tried many times I could not reach her. I started getting worried. And got paranoid so kept trying she dint pick up the call. Later at three in the noon she called me, and apologized for not answering the call I yelled at her but then I heard a thud as if she fell down and got worried. I was not able to reach her for some hours and then she called me again. She said that she fell down from the swing and her mobile was not working properly and she had given it for repair.
FEB 7 2010 00:00she called me at twelve, and said "HAPPY 5 YEAR anniversary honey" I said thanks a lot and we spoke about our relationship till two or three o clock. But I sensed her coughing a lot and also sounding really weak. I dint want to upset her so I dint ask her about it. We kept talking and I said ok I am going to sleep I have got a match in morning. I am sorry SAM. Gunnite! She sounded sad when she said bye, but I dint say anything. And we met in the evening I was only boasting to her about my match entirely and I dint even ask her how she was and all that.

FEB 7 2005 16:00
it was after tuition that she came near me. We used to go home together pushing the cycle. In the 4 years we had become really best friends and I felt that we had gone a tad more than that. But I dint say anything. While walking she said,"sri I need to tell you something, rather talk to you about it" saying this she pulled my hand. Sure she thought it was romantic but my cycle fell down. She said, “There is something I have been feeling lately. And I don’t know what it is. I mean I think I have crossed the limits by my heart and become too close to you" I started smiling and saying something but she interrupted "no let me finish please. I think about you all the time and always for everything, you are the one guy I speak to this much apart from my dad. And I don’t know what to name this relationship but it’s not restricted to friendship. Love seems too awkward considering we are too young. I am sorry I don’t know how to express myself. I just feel," I kept my finger on her lips and said, “yes, I love you too Sam". Tears were filled in her eyes she was so happy and jumping with joy. This got me since I was not so attractive. She looked like an angel just even more beautiful.

JAN 12 2004 11:45
I had a bad fever and also I had my exams. I don’t pray to god. Not that I don’t believe in him it’s just that, he is there, let him be there. But she called me up and said "how are you feeling." I said I was fine but was worried about fever and the exam. She said "don’t worry I have prayed to 4 gods, I pray only to 3 gods daily but since yesterday I dint pray for myself, that is for me to get a good guy, you know with all the looks I asked for, I have that one pending so I used it for you today.. You will clear the exam easily" I dint know I would say this but I did "Sam, I don’t believe in god, But I believe in you when you pray for me, Thanks a lot. You will get the best guy in this world. i promise!!"

113 comments:

  1. its too good vasu . awesome piece of work . loved it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome one!
    like da timeline.. beautiful post :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice one da... great job ..!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice one doode... Beautifully structured :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ N SISTERS -- thanks alotD :D
    @hari - mams thanks da :)
    @senthil - china ni mass :D
    @jegan - really ? thanks da :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. match amam!!! my foot!!! nice work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i like the thing going backwards..i mite make this a short film..il let u knw buddy :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. @gd :D sure da
    @anonymous :D :D ty ty

    ReplyDelete
  9. good piece of writin da ... Runnin backwards adds the speciality !! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. A very good piece of story !!! :) :) nice work vasu.. keep going!! God bless !! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. sry i have to play spoilsport here.. the emotions were wonderful and the writing was very honest but u missed the point of a backward post which to keep the reader guessing as to what would have happened earlier to have such a consequence.. the thrill was missing.. u have improved leaps and bounds as a blogger .. keep up the good work.. and yeah i hope those two 'fictional' characters are back to happier times pretty soon..

    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  12. dude ur recent two posts area amazing !!

    ReplyDelete
  13. @praveen yea da.. saw that but dint wanna edit cos i had already posted it.. thanks :)
    @rag - ty ty :)
    @siva- cts mate :P thanks

    ReplyDelete
  14. machi smokers get some other form o cancer :) not leukemia noob

    ReplyDelete
  15. its good..
    nxt time rite a story wid happy ending

    ReplyDelete
  16. @avi thanks da
    @ anonymous ty and write ur name :D
    @ atrhi :P sure modala hapy a edana nadakatom

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Vasu, That was a nice post. Your writing is fine. Keep up this good work.

    ReplyDelete
  18. too good...the girl's changes reminds me of someone...
    :'(

    ReplyDelete
  19. @ash :) ty ty
    @mams thanks mams
    @meow oh i know. I have one similar case in my life as well meow!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Good work da.
    The way the story goes is awesome. Coming backwards in the time-line, yet give some twists in the story. A wonderful read.
    1 mistake I was able to find: "me: You stil like him dont you." Shdn't it be you still like me??

    ReplyDelete
  21. @harini muk an tej n sri thanks :)
    @noddy, no da. It was a fight because she liked someone else at that point or atleast he thought so so rewinding the past, he asks her that..

    ReplyDelete
  22. Since you asked, here it goes :
    Though the backward reading had some special charm, i still find it awkward-the continuity is lost while u read it.
    You could use some more emotions and indepth conversations to deviate a little from the topic - stay too much on the topic, you give the readers an advantage of predicting whats gonna happen next.
    My 2 cents though,
    Overall a damn nice piece of work.

    P.S: You gotta treat me for logging on and posting a comment.On second thoughts i am lazy to receive a treat too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  23. @kunsuke yeah i know da, dint want to edit it further cos it was posted , l try somethin from next tym ^^ thanks a lot :)
    @chiti not entirely story chiti.. not entirely story

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hey Vasu the post was good...
    I liked the way it was written,the story moves backward...But there wasnt anything new about the story..I feel you got inspired by the movies 500 days of summer and a walk to remember..
    I could feel lost of resemblance in your narration and 500 days of summer..If this piece was really an inspiration from those two movies, then you would have gone in for a jumbled time flow...that would have made this blog even more interesting...
    But on the whole it was good...

    ReplyDelete
  25. jumbled a? yu think it wuda made it interesting :s hmm thanks da sanj ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. hey Vasu.................nice one @ FEB 24 2010 17:45
    I felt empty. I dint have words to express myself for what i had done. She was the only one i had in my life and now i was alone. Alone once again. Yes i had told her that loneliness was something that i loved but now i felt that she could have been there with me to share the loneliness. Even my ego, my pride my aim, my acheivements had left me alone. Now i know what being lonely meant. The fair face was because she was having leukemia, blood cancer. She was not able to come but still did just because i had asked her to. She had become thin not because of her gym but because she was not well. It was weak not thin. The thud while on the call was because she had fainted. And i failed to notice that. despite all that she had come just to make me happy and what did i do? Hurt her, irritate her, kill her.

    ReplyDelete
  27. awesome one....the story indicates the pure love and also the value for loved ones is known when u miss them.....good work.....

    ReplyDelete
  28. very cute :) u hav a style vas.... do keep writin :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. @sushma :) thanks
    @jan - lol danx jan :D

    ReplyDelete
  30. superb piece of work....lyk the re wind concept!keep it up:)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Good job dude... I enjoyed it....

    ReplyDelete
  32. awesome 1 brother ...........
    luvd it !!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  33. Gud work vasu...initially wen i started looked at soo many paras i thot ill quit half way (which i usually do:p)..but guess wat..i ended up readin d entire thing in one shot.. n after readin felt lil sad lil sorry n lil excited too dat u ve come up with a nice one... completely enjoyed readin it..hmmmm one point...jus think if its possible to make d readers und dat its goin backwards without explicitly given d dates...dat ll definitely make it better...now come on its jus a suggestion...don ask me how...

    ReplyDelete
  34. :) thanks a lot varsh
    and 3 :D :D :Dthansk fa the critic. a lot... and yea ll keep in mind in future, thanks again

    ReplyDelete
  35. read till feb 9

    i would be in deep turbulent love towards a person yet in agony and pain as disturbed by the fact that i am far from the person still; for the first time in my life if i were u

    the rewind concept was found to be interesting my me also!

    excellent writing, griping & vizual & honest...

    btw why bold SAM, we all know its sam allredy

    also ur character name is my allu's name also, i dint light up 100 candles on valentines, but prepared myself in like 10 mins to get across the city to meet & tell 'i like u' :D

    bulleye vaseey

    keep it up, write more, share more, thanks for the mail.

    ReplyDelete
  36. superb dude nice caption too :):) ... keep it goin :):)

    ReplyDelete
  37. Perfect emotions ..... Typical 1 in 10 fights that end a relationship mostly .... But seriously , your bicycle fell down ? roflax !! You just can't let go that humor of yours can't you ? :P Good Job !! .

    ReplyDelete
  38. @monty :D thanks, and btw kudos to sam :P
    btw iwrote SAM because i had caps on an cpied it.. laze yu see :P :P
    @ aki thanks da :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  39. Nice story, I like the reverse chronological format. Keep up the good work, and write more! You see the number of people commenting! Fans, machi :)

    One suggestion is to use proper grammar and punctuation. Without them, any beautiful piece of story or poetry is equivalent to an "Attu Figure" Meaning most people won't be interested, and won't come back to look again :)

    ReplyDelete
  40. Thanks dk :D ll check the stuff and make it better.. :)
    and fans a?? lol lol :P :P

    ReplyDelete
  41. am not able to comment,by considering this JUST as a piece of literary work.. a prose or chronicle or whtevr u call.. am not able to criticize .. bcos this sounds something beyond all these vas.. something very sentimental, tender yet intense.. MEENAKSHI

    ReplyDelete
  42. :D thats generous :) thanks meen

    ReplyDelete
  43. good work vassey :)

    ReplyDelete
  44. i liked it!
    yeah vasu, i liked the idea of how u narrated it by scenes and yeah tat in the reverse order!!
    with advancements in science u could ve made twists and turns and saved the girl., but still cos u din do it tat way i guess its become an emotionally packed nice one!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Its great bt the root cause of that Vishal thing wud have elaborated the writing part a bit much.. it lukd very interesting.. bt its over even b4 it began.. like, wat I meant is, its very kutty.. :) :) Nice one Vac!

    ReplyDelete
  46. the fight ei? yeah thats true. Idaye neraya peru padka maten too big nu solraanga :\ had a fight planed din put t though

    ReplyDelete
  47. omg wow... i thot it is very lengthy wen i opened it...but in the end, i was searchin for more scrollin down!! nice buddy...gethu!!

    ReplyDelete
  48. machi awesome !!!!! suupperrrrrr....... da .. but as yu said yu need some comments on it .... nice reversals.... but there was lil shuffle and break in the middle ...slight slow down .. but overalll awesome .........

    ReplyDelete
  49. @gana :) thanks da ., yea ll se to it

    ReplyDelete
  50. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  51. thanku thanku :) =D i made viki read a blog. lawl

    ReplyDelete
  52. good one !!! keep rocking...!!!

    ReplyDelete
  53. chitra malini:

    good one keep rocking !!!

    ReplyDelete
  54. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  55. I dont understand y u always post emotional stuff....can u clarify?

    ReplyDelete
  56. er sri :/ yu of all askk this quest.. Cos anything i write ends up bein EMO :|

    ReplyDelete
  57. nice attempt da....Da rewind worked out well.....No cons I suppose.....

    ReplyDelete
  58. wow da vasu i did nt knw ur into all this..it good :)

    ReplyDelete
  59. Machan this is fantastic da! It's a genuine rendering of your mind! Absolutely loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  60. :) thanks da jude and shon and thanks chedi :)

    ReplyDelete
  61. very very cute....awesumm work vasu...

    ReplyDelete
  62. wow joshita :) thanks a lot :D

    ReplyDelete
  63. Really Nice read, i was unable to stop reading
    Feb 7th my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  64. Oh nice read? thats all? and feb 7 alone was ur fav ei? smthn special :P :P tution pre nu solam bode theriyum da:D

    ReplyDelete
  65. Nice work vasu! Great job cuz !! :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  66. Nice work vasu ! It's great. Keep it up cuz ! :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  67. Mams dis is Shot gun, Abinesh, good job da. Loved ur style, keep penning. :)

    ReplyDelete
  68. Rombo feel panni ezhudirka pola.. nicely done. But try to get some flow into the dialogues. Right now, it feels like we're reading out texts between a couple.

    ReplyDelete
  69. WOWWW! I liked it so much.. It was short but cute.. I could sense the feel in it.. Keep writing vasu.. Thanks for sharing this with me.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  70. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  71. Nice piece of work Vasu..great job keep it up!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  72. Very expressive! it reads so true whether its fiction or not.. keep writing man.

    ReplyDelete
  73. That's an excellent screenplay, filled with emotions n love... Loved it! Great work dude!

    ReplyDelete
  74. Amazing!! I was totally lost in their world while reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  75. Really Heart Touching... Involved in it Completely while reading d story...

    ReplyDelete